We started in 1997 as “Stefan Lehmann Design”. The company started by offering a mix of design services for print and mew media. Soon, it became obvious that the demand for web design was outpacing the demand for print media and Stefan Lehmann Design shifted its focus.
Since then, our evolution has paced that of the internet over the last 15 years. It's a truism to say that this industry is in a constant state of flux. Few design and development shops are able to maintain the quality and consistency of their product through such rapid, evolutionary change. We're proud to say that we have, and our clients agree. Some of our clients, like Big Stretch Yoga, have been with us since the beginning and seen it all unfold.
A Brief Timeline
- 1997 - Stefan Lehmann starts up "Stefan Lehmann Design" in Toronto, serving print and new media design to several small businesses and non-profits.
- 2001 - the business focus begins to shift to web design and it becomes clear that programming should be a core part of the business strategy in an effort to take advantage of new technologies that make websites more interactive and engaging.
- 2003 - we built our first Content Management System (CMS) in order to better serve our clients' needs for regular content updates.
- 2004 - we executed our first email marketing campaign, sending trackable, personalized email to 71,000 recipients in Canada.
- 2005 - the business moves to Victoria, BC on the West Coast of Canada.
- 2009 - we incorporated as DesignCode to reflect our dual-focus on both great design and programming to make our project work on the web.
We've been fortunate to work with collaborators who are leaders in their respective fields. We could not have succeeded without them and encourage you to read more about them on our partners page.